TL;DR - Be excellent to each other!
We invite all those who attend to o11yfest to help us create a safe and positive experience for everyone. Unacceptable behavior from any community member will not be tolerated.
If you need help reach out to a staff member or contact us. You can get in touch:
- in the event platform, those with “(Organizer)” in their handle
- by email at email@example.com
CODE OF CONDUCT
We want o11yfest to be, as much as possible, a safe and productive environment for everyone. We recognize that an utterly “safe” environment is not achievable for all possible attendees, but we commit to fostering an event that is safer, to the best of our ability. To that end, this Code of Conduct spells out behavioral expectations for all attendees (including staff, speakers, and sponsors) at the conference. o11yfest Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.
We hope to provide a great conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technological choices or experience. We invite you to help us make o11yfest a place that is welcoming and respectful to all participants. We will not tolerate harassment of conference participants—in person or online.
Examples of harassment include offensive comments, verbal threats or demands, intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of sessions or events, and unwelcome physical contact or sexual attention. Unacceptable behavior also includes slights and negative messages, both unintended and intentional, based on appearance (sometimes called microaggressions). Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate for any conference setting and are not welcome at o11yfest.
We expect all participants at o11yfest to adhere to the Code of Conduct in all areas of the conference. This includes conference-related social events at off-site locations, in related online communities, and on social media. People asked to stop a behavior are expected to comply immediately. Behavior that violates this Code of Conduct will be promptly addressed and may result in a conversation about expected changes in behavior, expulsion from the conference without a refund, and/or banning from future o11yfest events.
If you have questions or concerns about the Code of Conduct itself, or the behavior of any participants before, during or after the conference, reach out to any person on our safety team. You can identify safety team members by “(Organizer)” in their Slack handle. We treat all discussions of the Code of Conduct and related concerns seriously.
You can (in addition or instead) email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We endeavor to reply quickly to all communications–within a business day if in the days prior to or after o11yfest, and within an hour if during the conference’s working hours (9 am to 9 pm).
Once a concern related to the Code of Conduct is raised, our team commits to the following:
- We will do our best to protect the anonymity of the person(s) targeted by the behavior in question (and, if separate, the person who witnessed or is reporting the behavior in question).
- We will discuss the issue with as much privacy as possible with the person making the report, so as to try to prevent retribution from others.
- We will provide a timeline estimate for next steps in response to any concerns brought up with o11yfest staff, and update this timeline when appropriate.
- While we will always err on the side of safety and treating all reports as true, we will not assume that a report being made automatically means that action needs to be taken beyond the conversation with the person making the report.
- The person bringing up the concern is welcome to have an additional person with them if that would make them feel safer, however, We will provide a timeline estimate for next steps in response to any concerns brought with o11yfest staff, and update this timeline when appropriate.
We will take all concern seriously, and will attempt to address them with appropriate measures.